[afnog] help with ACID installation

Sergio Carrilho seergio.carrilho at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:48:23 EAT 2005

Hi all,
I'm trying to install snort/acid in a fedora core 3 box. I followed
all the steps from the manual available at
http://www.snort.org/docs/Snort_SSL_FC2.pdf.

Everything comes right, but when I am trying to get the page from acid
(http://localhost/acid/acid_main.php) it gives me the following error:

"Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at localhost

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php

               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the
alerts are stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

Database ERROR:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) "

I have reviewd the configurration files but with no success. Can
someone give me a clue on this?

And one other thing! where can I find good documentation on how to set
up ACID on Debian? (I installed snort using the webpage
http://www.fatofthelan.com/articles/articles.php?pid=23 but it doesnt
cover the ACID part).

thanks

Regards