[afnog] Antivirus giving me problems

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 08:35:40 EAT 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:40:20AM -0800, David Chima wrote:
> I have installed Vexira antivirus on my machine. Restarting the antivirus I came across this error.
>
> /usr/sbin/vamilter: error while loading shared libraries: libmilter.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory.
>
> To me it looks I compiled sendmail without libmilter.

It looks to me more that /usr/sbin/vamilter was compiled against
libmilter.so.0, but cannot find it on your system.

Does libmilter.so.0 exist? If so, where is it? You may need to update your
library path information so that it can be found (how to do this depends on
what type of Unix you are running). Or, it may be sufficient just to copy
libmilter.so.* into /usr/lib