[afnog] Antivirus giving me problems

Bruno Agbessitse mensah.agbessitse at gstelecom.net
Fri Jan 28 12:28:44 EAT 2005

Hi David,

>/usr/sbin/vamilter: error while loading shared libraries: libmilter.so.0:
>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

>To me it looks I compiled sendmail without libmilter. But when I checked I
>found out that libmilter is build into
>sendmail and was installed. Now how can I get this library installed?
>Please help me.

I solved a similar problem by doing the following:

#locate vamilter
The directory was different than /usr/sbin/vamilter, so I copied the file
from where it was found to the above location. Suppose after locate the file
was found in /usr/local/sbin/vamilter  then I did
#cp /usr/local/sbin/vamilter  /usr/sbin/vamilter

Hope this will solve your problem.

Bruno.