[afnog] Some cool bits and pieces

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Tue Dec 13 14:13:04 EAT 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:00:14AM +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
> (1) "Powerline carrier", a.k.a. ethernet over mains wiring

	Yeah, these are cool.  Alex Corenthin @ UCAD just got a pair
	from Mirjam to play with in Dakar.  Seems to work fine, and cheap.

> (5) VMware Player

	I've been using QEMU for over a year now -- the Kernel Acceleration
	module (so native instructions can be executed directly, just like
	vmware) is not open source, but the rest is -- GPL.  Runs fine
	on FreeBSD and Linux, AND it has AMD64 and PPC emulation as well,
	so I can test new versions of SuSE/amd64 and FreeBSD/amd64 once in a
	while.

	http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/

	(Fabrice Bellard is the nut who wrote the C interpreter, that could
	boot the Linux kernel from the sources...)