[afnog] Network monitoring tool

Sendoro Juma sendoro at africaonline.co.tz
Thu Dec 8 13:41:07 EAT 2005

Hello,

On Thursday 08 December 2005 12:44, Adiel A. Akplogan wrote:
> At 10:34 08/12/2005 +0100, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:18:01AM +0200, Adiel A. Akplogan wrote:
> > > OpenNms (http://www.opennms.org) is another alternative.
> >
> >         Yes, but do you/did you try it/use it ?
>
> Yes I did. And actually our plan is to move from nagios to it.
> We are testing it since some time. Anybody else has tried it?

For those who have experience with opennms, can it monitor environment
(temperature+humidity) ,this is something nagios can do, and it is the one
make me opt for it, among other things.

> - a.

Best Regards

---------
Sendoro Juma

Africa Online Tanzania
P.O. Box 2721
Dar es Salaam - Tanzania
3rd Floor, ANC Building
50 Mirambo Street

Tel: +255 22 211 6090
Cel: +255 74 827 9721
Fax: +255 22 211 6089

MSN:   sendoro at hotmail.com
yahoo: sendoro at yahoo.com
AOL:   kilitime

24x7 support: +255 22 211 6090
24x7 support: +255 74 827 9721
24x7 support: AOL: afoltzsdteam
24x7 support: MSN: afoltzsdteam
url: www.africaonline.co.tz
nic-hdl: SIJ-AFRINIC

Linux is the result of growth and evolution
Solaris is the result of desinging and planning

dangerous content by Africa Online Tanzania, and is
believed to be clean.