[afnog] IXP establishment

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Mon Aug 29 10:23:15 EAT 2005

Hi

Yes 24hr access is required if you are to offer a full and complete service.
Access should only be given to designated personnel who should be
disciplined enough to update a log book whenever they access the IXP.

It is advisable to locate the IXP in a building with 24hr access thus
security is provided by default.  For emergencies the key can then be left
with security who have strict rules on who can access the IXP and when.

Regards