[afnog] Need Help

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Tue Aug 16 16:00:06 EAT 2005

> grep: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory
> grep: /proc/mounts: No such file or directory
> cat: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory
> INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
> cat: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
> }

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/ch-proc.html

Have you tried booting off of a cdrom and remounting the /proc
filesystem? The automatic mount statement should be contained in
the mntab. If this is a fresh install, I'm wondering if you happened
to not let the system automically create the partitions and perhaps
it was missed? If this was the case, you may be better off going back
and re-installing for simplicity sake.

Theoretically, you could just create the /proc directory
manually. I think it's a negative performance impact though
and not recommended.

-M<