[afnog] Seeking Ideas - NTP - Stratum 1 Server setup

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 11:43:33 EAT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 07:12:07PM +0300, Michuki Mwangi wrote:
> Hence am seeking references to GPS PCI card manufacturers or other
> alternatives, and experiences in building the service.

I came across this site a few years back, but have never actually tried
their hardware:
http://www.gpsclock.com/

It's an external device which you wire into a serial port. You run it with a
patched version of ntpd. You're still talking $380 a pop though. Claims
one-microsecond accuracy.

Their site includes an on-line NTP checker, which is convenient (although
probably just a wrapper around ntpdc):
http://www.gpsclock.com/check.html