[afnog] exim installation prob

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Apr 12 17:41:47 EAT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:48:51AM +0200, Franois wrote:
> After "make install" I've /usr/exim/bin/exim and /usr/exim/configure. Now,
> what is the next step ??

[Please reply to the list, not to me personally]

The next step is to test Exim. If it works, then probably you replace your
existing MTA with it.

What installation instructions are you following? They probably don't stop
where you are now.

Exim's doc/spec.txt has detailled installation instructions; section 4.16
describes testing, and section 4.17 describes replacing another MTA with
Exim.

Philip Hazel's exercises from Afnog 2004 are here:
http://www.ws.afnog.org/afnog2004/t1/exim/EximPrac.pdf

They include step-by-step installation and testing of Exim, slightly
geared towards FreeBSD. The other presentations at
http://www.ws.afnog.org/afnog2004/t1/exim/index.htm
may be of interest too.