[afnog] [Fwd: CTO SURVEY SEES DIFFICULTIES FOR CONSENSUS ON INTERNET GOVERNANCE]

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Nov 22 16:42:10 EAT 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 02:52:48PM +0300, Noah Sematimba wrote:
> Reminds of of my shock about two weeks ago when I arrived to find the ATM
> machine at my bank rebooting only to see "Microsoft Windows 2000
> professional".
>
> Needless to say I am slowly moving my operations out of that particular
> account and bank. it is a disaster waiting to happen.

I believe they're all like that in the UK now - I occasionally see
cashpoints with the "blue screen of death", or the Fatal Error dialog box.

Not much you can do about it, except try to make sure that your bank is
liable for fraud caused by technical failures - and keep most of your cash
in an account which doesn't have ATM (or Internet) access.