[afnog] Re: Request for input: The Working Group on Internet Governance

Brian Longwe brian at pure-id.com
Tue Nov 16 21:27:44 EAT 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 9:19 PM, Brian Candler wrote:

> Of course, how serious this is depends on how likely it is you think
> that
> IPv6 will ever be widely adopted. Since it doesn't solve any of the
> problems
> of IPv4 - not even address space depletion - then I don't see why it
> should.
>
> Not that I want ITU to get its fingers into anything with "Internet"
> written
> on it - it sets a bad precedent.

I'm not as worried about the ITU as I am about the people who control
it - Govts - and the fact that their approach proposes a situation
where numbers are allocated and managed at a national level. Honestly
speaking I'd rather administer my own network resources than have my
govt do it for me.

Rgds,

Longwe <the other-other Brian>

--