[afnog] FreeBsd5.2 + Squid + Wccp-v2

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Thu Jun 17 18:00:15 EAT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 17:04, Volven_res wrote:
> Sorry Mark,
>
> I am actually using Squid-2.5.Stable5, it was mistake in my earlier post. I
> actually started the way you have put it.

No problem.

> If i run the squid as a transparent proxy without the Wccp it works fine.
> The reason i wanted to use wccp is that my traffic is not halted if my
> Cache is down !

Naturally.

> Maybe i shall look at Linux..

I haven't tried running WCCP on FreeBSD, unfortunately, only Linux, but don't
give up too early :). It seems like your transparency is working then, all
you need to do is hack the WCCP. I'd suggest running with WCCP v1, for now.
It's known and tried.

Perhaps someone has more experience with WCCP on FreeBSD...

Mark.