[afnog] MRTG

Madhvi Gokool madhvin at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 15:33:19 EAT 2004

Hello,
I am experiencing the following problem with MRTG:-
Out of some 40 routers that are being monitored by MRTG, on some routers, it
seems as if MRTG "froze" - see pic in attachment. traffic usage is a
straight line.
In order to resolve this problem, I ran the configuration script again . The
command  [mrtg at sa03 mrtg]$ env LANG=en_US /usr/bin/mrtg rtjflacq.cfg
yielded the following error: -
ERROR: writing rtjflacq.ok.ok: Permission denied at
/usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_l
ib.pm line 1389.

I reran it after a few minutes and got no error messages and referring to
the graph, the traffic increased.
In some cases, I keep getting the error message above and MRTG dos not work
for them.
Is this a common problem with MRTG ? - The routers on which MRTG is freezing
have not been rebooted for more than a month and no MRTG-related
configuration change were made on them.

Thanx in advance for any insight.
Cheers
Madhvi