[afnog]

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Tue Aug 31 15:00:21 EAT 2004

Brunno

Some authorities in Africa have made the ISM bands of 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz
licence bands.  For these Alvarion (breezecom) products have done quite well
on the continent though costly.  Motorola Canopy is the new kid on the block
with a number of products priced quite reasonably.  They initially had
5.8Ghz equipement but have introduced 2.4Ghz to the market.    You could
also look at Mikrotik who make affordable wireless equipement which fall
into the “Plug and Pray” region as opposed to “Plug and Play” of the other
mass produced products.

Now if you are looking for other frequencies like 3.5 Ghz equipement then
you need to select the vendor you intend to use, now here a number of
implementations are done so I figure that’s why the authorities would be
interested in the type of radio.  What has always been acceptable is the
standard spec sheet from the website.

It would also help if you tell us what frequency you intend to use.

regards

  _____