[afnog] VPN Port Number

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Mon Aug 2 20:55:09 EAT 2004

If you are using outbound and inbound ACLs at the moment, then if you add
the "log" option to the last deny it will show which connection attempts
are blocked. If you know the IP addresses of the clients and of the server
in France, you can match those in the ACL logs, and then simply add them to
your permit portion of the ACLs.

I couldn't hazard a guess as to which port, or ports, it could be though -
completely depends on the VPN client and termination point in France. (My
router sitting here at home has these two lines:

access-list 100 permit udp any eq isakmp any eq isakmp
access-list 100 permit esp any any

which does the necessary for Cisco VPN client/server. YMMV ofcourse!)

philip