[afnog] MPLS LSP UP but no traffic

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Oct 13 15:57:50 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:45:22 PM ibtisam jamal
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing a problem on the network whereby ,the
> physical link is up and mpls lsp up but traffic is not
> going through.
>
> Anyone faced this before ,what could it be .

You're giving bare-bones information for us to work with.

	a) What are you trying to solve?

	b) You mention an MPLS LSP; is this for a VPN, a
	   Multicast service, or something else?

	c) Have you tried a traceroute? If so, where does it
	   fail?

	d) Do you have a basic topology to go along with
	   your details?

	e) What kind of routers are you running, and what
	   software revision?

Need a lot more information to help you, Ibtisam.

Mark.