[afnog] Data centre per device power consumption

Hugo Lombard hal at elizium.za.net
Thu Oct 13 14:44:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 04:31:38PM +0200, Shepherd Magumo wrote:
>    Good day,
>    Can anyone advise of equipment that I can use to measure power consumption
>    per device rather than at rack level?

Eaton Managed ePDU
------------------

Managed ePDUs have unprecedented management and monitoring capabilities
and enable your energy consumption management to the individual server
level. You can even monitor your consumption down to the individual
outlet level to gain a full understanding of your data centre.

http://powerquality.eaton.com/Products-services/Backup-Power-UPS/Eaton-ePDU-Managed-EMEA.aspx?cx=171

Eaton Advanced Monitored ePDU
-----------------------------

Advanced monitored ePDUs offer customers the ability to remotely monitor
the current draw of each outlet over an Ethernet connection. Advanced
monitored ePDUs allow the user to collect the information from
individual outlets, and collate the information from thousands of ePDUs
in one location through Eaton Intelligent Power Manager software or SNMP
software. Advanced Monitored ePDUs also include an easy-read digital
ammeter for local provisioning and load balancing of servers.

http://powerquality.eaton.com/Products-services/Backup-Power-UPS/Eaton-ePDU-Adv-Monitored-EMEA.aspx?cx=171

Not using either myself, but we have an Eaton UPS that's good solid
quality, and a Eaton FlexPDU that also looks solid.

--
Hugo Lombard