[afnog] Cisco 1841 ISR problem

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 11 15:53:14 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 05:32:08 PM Mark wrote:

> Agreed 100%, just wanted to eliminate a probable case of
> negotiation problems, due to maybe different equipment
> manufacturers, which might cause the link to go up and
> down.

A flapping link is what I was thinking for Yasini's problem,
where the 'permanent' keyword would ensure the route always
remains in the routing table when the link is unstable.

The only flaw(?) with that theory is that the link would be
flapping so fast that the 'permanent' keyword makes sense,
but not enough that Yasini's users actually feel some pain.

Odd.

Mark.