[afnog] Cisco 1841 ISR problem

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 11 05:51:59 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 01:43:27 PM david aliata wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I tried Gwladys suggestions and some developments.I can
> now go past my router to the VSAT modem and no more.Note
> connecting directly shows link is up and
>
> i can browse.Any other suggestions at this point?

How much memory do you have on this router? You say the box
stops translating after a while. Is your memory getting
exhausted by all the translations?

> ip classless
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0/0

Don't point to an Ethernet interface. Point to an IP
address. This will prevent the router from doing ARP look-
ups for every possible address toward that destination.
Might save memory.

> ip http server
> ip http authentication local
> ip http secure-server
> ip http timeout-policy idle 600 life 86400 requests 10000

Do you need to run an HTTP server on the router? Disable it.
Could save memory.

Try the above, reload and try again.

If you're low on memory, use the smallest IOS release that
gives you all the features you need.

Mark.