[afnog] Cisco 1841 ISR problem

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 11 00:51:19 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 07:25:09 AM Gwladys Hountomey
wrote:

> I don't know how you want to design your network but
> 1- You are using /27 with 0.0.0.255 wildcard mask.
> 2- Remove access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 (I
> don't know if it is necessary)

That shouldn't matter.

The ACL merely defines a range the router should look out
for. It doesn't tie any IP address to a particular subnet
mask, i.e., the router is running in VLSM mode.

Yes, it would be more consistent if the ACL followed the
subnet mask in use, but in this case, it certainly doesn't
pose a problem.

Mark.