[afnog] Cisco 1841 ISR problem

david aliata aliatadavid at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:18:10 UTC 2011

Dear Guys,

Could someone help me spot my problem in my basic config below.I am able to
get connectivity and browse(go out for 10 or so mins only) then i get
disconnected from the outside interface.When i telnet to the router i can
ping out (e.g ping yahoo.com) very well from the router but i cant ping my
outside interface when connected through the LAN nor my ISP gateway.I guess
its a NAT issue but why should it work for a couple of mins only?.Please
help

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 4033 bytes
!
version 12.3
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
logging buffered 51200 warnings
enable secret 5
!
no aaa new-model
!
resource policy
!
mmi polling-interval 60
no mmi auto-configure
no mmi pvc
mmi snmp-timeout 180
ip subnet-zero
ip cef
!
!
no ip dhcp use vrf connected
!
!
ip domain name wecsee.org
ip name-server 208.67.220.220
ip name-server 208.67.222.222
no ip ips deny-action ips-interface
!
no ftp-server write-enable
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-
 enrollment selfsigned
  revocation-check none
 rsakeypair TP-self-signed-
!
!

username cisco privilege 15 secret 5 $1$0ib.$4xnqIcMXLqJFATdW8nvla0

!
!
no crypto isakmp ccm
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 description link to
 ip address **.***.***.*** 255.255.255.248
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.224
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0/0
 no ip address
 shutdown
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 **.***.***.***
!
!
ip http server
ip http authentication local
ip http secure-server
ip http timeout-policy idle 600 life 86400 requests 10000
ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet0/0 overload
!
access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255
access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255
!
!
!
!
control-plane
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
banner login ^C
Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on this device.
This feature requires the one-time use of the username "cisco"
with the password "cisco".

Please change these publicly known initial credentials using SDM or the IOS
CLI.
Here are the Cisco IOS commands.

username <myuser>  privilege 15 secret 0 <mypassword>
no username cisco

Replace <myuser> and <mypassword> with the username and password you want to
use.

For more information about SDM please follow the instructions in the QUICK
START
GUIDE for your router or go to http://www.cisco.com/go/sdm
^C
!
line con 0
 login local
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 privilege level 15
 login local
 transport input telnet ssh
line vty 5 15
 privilege level 15
 login local
 transport input telnet ssh
!
end

wesscsj_router#

--
Regards!

Aliata D.
"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or
the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the
brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all".
Ecclesiastes 9:11