[afnog] RED drops under class-of-service

ibtisam jamal ibty.jamal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 19:19:08 UTC 2011

Yes ,I understand that its configured to drop packets when it reaches a
specific fill level as you can see.
But the question is, why is it dropping ? the interfaces are Ge and using
optical SFP's.
It's confusing ,i don't understand why the drops.Or may be im missing
something.

Another question is how will the schedulers know that 2 of the Ge
interfaces are actually on 2STM1 capacity ,without specifying .