[afnog] FreeBSD 7.2 on Sun

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Wed May 18 09:06:14 UTC 2011

Emmanuel Tessua (etessua) writes:
> Dear All,
> I have a sun server (Sun Fire X2200) and i want to install FreeBSD and
> then Postfix MTA.
> This server support both 32bit and 64bit OSes. I would like to install
> 64bit version of FreeBSD, which is on the same CD (4CDs 32/64 bit), how
> can i choose to install 64bit and not 32bit version!? When i install
> normal, it install 32 bit version of BSD, where i cant use the who 8 GB
> memory.
> Any help will be appreciated

	Hi Emmanuel,

	I would suggest getting a version of FreeBSD 8.2 AMD64 from here:

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/8.2/FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso

	(you may have a closer mirror)

	If you absolutely want to use 7.2, one of the 4 CDs should have "amd64"
	or "64 bit" written on it - I don't believe there are both 64bit and
	32bit on the same CD, if you look closely.

	Cheers,
	Phil