[afnog] Fwd: Survey on RFD

Shishio Tsuchiya shtsuchi at cisco.com
Mon Jun 27 08:39:34 UTC 2011

Dear AfNOG
We really appreciate response to the survey.
We could get 63 response from global operators groups.
And we had published result of the survey as internet-draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-02

Q2.Do you use Route Flap Damping ?
YES:13,NO:49

Q3.If you select No on Q2,why?
Do not have the need:10
Did not know about the feature:5
No benefits expected:10
Customer would complain:5
Because I read RIPE-379:15
Other:6

Q4.If you select Yes on Q2,what parameter do you use?
Default Parameter:6
RIPE-178:1
RIPE-210:0
RIPE-229:1
Other:7

Q5.Do you know Randy Bush et. al's report ''Route Flap Damping Considered Usable?''
YES:33
NO:29

Q6.IOS's max-penalty is currently limited to 20K.
Do you need this limitation to be relaxed to over 50K?
YES:24
NO:32

Q7.According to [draft-ymbk-rfd-usable],Suppress Threshold should
be set to 6K.Do you think the default value on implementations should be changed to 6K?
YES:17
NO:18

Q8.If you have any comments, please fill this box.
Please see the draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-02#section-3.8.2

Regards,
-Shishio