[afnog] iscsi initiator - freebsd 8.2

Emmanuel Tessua etessua at uccmail.co.tz
Fri Jun 10 12:12:20 UTC 2011

Well, basically i have two (2) sunfire x2200 server with FreeBSD 8.2 (x64)
on them, i am going to configure mail server (postfix) on these servers. I
have a storage server (PowerVauld MD3000i). I want to connect these server
to this storage server using iSCSI. So far i don't have any configs, i
want to mount storage onto these servers (sunfire) so that i can continue
with mail configuration. But setting up iSCSI initiator on FreeBSD is the
challenge i'm facing now.
Thanx.

> Emmanuel Tessua (etessua) writes:
>> Dear Gurus,
>> I am trying to setup iscsi initiator on FreeBSD 8.2 (64 bits) all in
>> vain.
>> I have loaded the drivers, i have even try to compile the kernel, but no
>> success. I was wondering if there is any documentation out there i can
>> use
>> to setup this thing.
>> Actually i want to connect my two servers with the Dell Storage
>> (PowerVault MD3000i) using iSCSI.
>> Thanking you in advance.
>
> 	Hi Emmanuel!
>
> 	We'll need a bit more detail on your config!

Emmanuel Tessua
University Computing Centre
0713675737
etessua at uccmail.co.tz