[afnog] (no subject)

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Thu Jul 14 11:37:06 UTC 2011

Jens Kuehlers (kuehlers) writes:

> For example if you have a Cisco router and have a question we might be able
> to answer, but we cannot give official information like Cisco TAC, and of
> course you cannot expect the same amount of information and help.

	Exactly - or if you have a bug in some software, like say, a router
	crashing when you do a particular command, then we can't help :)

> If you have question about some commercial software package you bought,
> nobody here might know it and you might be better off with getting support
> for it.

	Right, but of course if you ask "I have a problem getting OSPF to work
	on my IOS and Juniper together", then we'd say "what's the configuration ?"
	and try to help.

> Anyway, we are all helping each other this is what this list is for, so go
> ahead and ask!

	Absolutely :)