[afnog] Fiber Optics For beginners

Akin Okinbaloye akinokin at abu.edu.ng
Mon Jul 11 11:47:12 UTC 2011

Hi,
surf trough this http://www.thefoa.org/ all about fiber optics is here.
I think this will help.
Regards,
Akin
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Kemp" <kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu>
To: "jacob miller" <mmzinyi at yahoo.com>
Cc: afnog at afnog.org
Sent: Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:38:47 PM
Subject: Re: surf [afnog] Fiber Optics For beginners

I'm sure there are plenty of these around... but here's a few more:

If you happen to be in Nigeria this week... (starts tomorrow)
https://nsrc.org/workshops/2011/nsrc-ng-forum/wiki/Agenda
I would expect there will be slides on the site after they get
finished with the workshop.

Also, on the NANOG website, there are lots of talks on optical
topics.  You can poke around in the meeting archives.  Here's one
that is tutorial:
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog48/presentations/Sunday/RAS_opticalnet_N48.pdf
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog48/presentations/Breakout_Rooms/opt_rout_101_102.wmv

John Kemp (kemp at routeviews.org)

On 7/9/2011 9:54 AM, jacob miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone with documentation or links with an introduction to fiber optic design and concepts.
>
> Am a newbie to the area and want to understand the concept behind transmission,fiber optic topologies and need to know information in regards to design of metro fiber.
>
> Regards,
> Jacob Miller

Akinloye Triumph Okinbaloye
ICT Directorate