[afnog] BGP peering via VPN tunnel

Shepherd Magumo shepherd at snowball.co.za
Fri Jul 1 08:55:29 UTC 2011

Good day,

I do not know whether this is possible but I am sure some Cisco/BGP
superstar on the group can give me some quick pointers.

I have ample capacity on my current connection with my upstream provider and
would like to use some of that additional capacity for peering. The cost of
hooking directly to the INX for peering  is too much and at this point
prohibitive. However I can connect via another ISP with infractucture to
INX.

So my question would be is it possible to do peering via a VPN tunnel and
what are some of the implications? This off course will not be for
redundancy but for exchanging traffic with other ISPs on the INX.

Please advise.

*Shepherd*