[afnog] 32 bit ASN

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Fri Jan 28 08:35:42 UTC 2011

On 25 Jan 2011, at 10:57, a.onuche at nixp.net wrote:

> Scourge the Internet for downloads. Does any one have an idea where i can
> download/upgrade the appropriate software both for Foundry BigIron Router
> and Cisco 2800 (Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(24)T)

I would strongly suggest a later release (e.g. 15) - 12.4(24)T uses the deprecated asdot mechanism for the display of 32 bit ASNs, which will make writing policies/acls to match against a particular 32 bit AS number hard.  12.4(24)T will at least get you up and running.  Cisco software downloads tend to require a support contract, the people you obtained the router through can normally help.

Ironware 4 supports 32 bit AS numbers.

Best wishes
Andy