[afnog] Choice of ccTLD registry solution

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Tue Jan 25 09:22:06 UTC 2011

Christian Muhirwa (chrismuhirwa) writes:

> I have been reading the irrd's User/Configuration Guide
> and I think it can do the job (whois server) However I've done some research
> and found that there are some all-in-one solution (registry, whois, zone
> generation) for ccTLD administration. I found FRED and CoCCA to be widely used.

	Hi Christian,

	I would strongly suggest FRED or DNRS.

> I'm going to concentrate on these, and see which best fits our policies. I'd
> welcome any suggestions on these or other solutions.

	Other solutions don't have source code unless you pay or sign an agreement
	(CoCCA, Registro.br).  They're most likely very good solutions, but only
	FRED and DNRS are truly open source.  Then again, my preference goes
	towards a system I can maintain without external assistance.  If you would
	rather have a turnkey solution you don't have to think about, then
	something like CoCCA is probably what you want.

	Cheers,
	Phil