[afnog] Skype Port

Nicolas Antoniello nantoniello at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:56:43 UTC 2011

Dear Christian,

Away from the technical challenge and considerations of blocking
_some_ trafic... it may be useful, cheaper and less harmful
considering delivering an enterprise policy to exhort _the one you're
trying to block from accessing_ not to use that kind of service.

I believe you'll end up with a looong ACL, may be some expensive layer
7+ equipment, and a sense of un-trust... all that lasting till Skype
et al. change the way they bypass your security.

On the other hand, if it's _promotion of other but same type service_
you're seeking... blocking does not mean exactly "to promote".

Sorry for the "no intrusion and openness" mood I am today! :)

Best regards,
Nicolas