[afnog] MTD Technology Partnership

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Sat Aug 27 11:03:26 UTC 2011

On 8/25/11 9:51 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>> MTD Technology Ltd. a new radio company software based on the north of
>> Africa since 2008 provides
>
> spam
>
> so no one who cares will deal you

As we have seen a number of marketing announcements on the AfNOG mailing
list I have updated the initial subscription email that new subscribers
will receive to include the following:

==>

The AfNOG mailing list and archives is a resource for the exchange of
technical information and the discussion of specific implementation
issues that require cooperation among African network service providers.
Coordination among network service providers helps ensure the stability
of overall service to network users.

In order to continue to provide a useful forum for discussion of
relevant technical issues, the list is governed by the following guidelines:

* Discussion will focus on Internet operational and technical issues.
* Postings that include foul language, and lack of respect for other
  participants are prohibited.
* Blatant product marketing is unacceptable.
* Postings of a political nature are discouraged. There are numerous
  other mailing lists were discussions should be directed instead.

Please respect these guidelines so that we can maintain useful technical
discussions.

<==

These guidelines have been published on the AfNOG web site here:

since April 2008. This email was a clearly Marketing email and does not
follow the guidelines for usage of the afnog at afnog.org mailing list.

Thank you everyone for keeping the list focused.

Sincerely,
	- Hervey Allen

--
Hervey Allen      Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org