[afnog] problem tracing route to google.com

Hugo Lombard hal at elizium.za.net
Wed Aug 10 17:33:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 06:16:09PM +0200, Liliane Uwarugira wrote:

>    Could you kindly help! I have problem on an outside interface (to
>    internet); I can successfully ping goolge, but it's strange on the
>    tracert.
>
>    Check the scenario :

[...]

>    C:\Users\user>tracert 209.85.148.105

Hi Liliane

Can you successfully traceroute anywhere else?

What rules did you add for allowing tracert?

Seeing that the final hop responds, my first guess would be that your
firewall is not allowing the ICMP Time Exceeded packets (generated from
the TTL expiring along the route) through.

Regards

--
Hugo Lombard