[afnog] Thank you - route views

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Oct 12 05:25:57 UTC 2010

On 10/11/2010 9:36 PM, John Kemp wrote:
> 1. CYCLOPS
>
> You can register your prefix to be watched for free, and
> receive notifications upon changes.  (We feed data into Cyclops.)
> There are also some nice ASN and DNS lookup tools, as well as
> some topology visualizations and data history lookups there.
>
> http://cyclops.cs.ucla.edu/
> http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog43/abstracts.php?pt=NTkmbmFub2c0Mw==&nm=nanog43

and i already jumped onto it - and recommended to others.

now first question:
If you or I announce a certain prefix ( a /24 contained within a bigger
announcement ) to upstream with 'no-export' ...
... would you expect this prefix to show up in Cyclops?

it did.

Frank

PS: looking glass of upstream confirm they have the 'no-export'.