[afnog] Port forwarding FTP

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Oct 6 18:16:10 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:38:18 pm Benjamin Cobblah
wrote:

> Dear All,

Hello Benjamin.

> I know this might be the lamest question I have ever
> asked...

No question is lame, only the one you don't ask :-).

> Scenario.
> I have an internal ftp on my lan and need someone to
> upload some data into it from across the globe.

If you can provide the public addresses to target, we could
test.

> This is my conf on my router
> ip nat inside source static tcp X.X.X.X 20 Y.Y.Y.Y 20
> extendable ip nat inside source static tcp X.X.X.X 21
> Y.Y.Y.Y 21 extendable ip nat inside source static tcp
> X.X.X.X 22 Y.Y.Y.Y 22 extendable

This looks pretty standard.

"X.X.X.X" should be your internal IP address, while
"Y.Y.Y.Y" your external address (the one on which you've
configured 'ip nat outside').

> access-list 101 remark permit ftp
> access-list 101 permit tcp X.X.X.0 0.0.0.255 any eq
> ftp-data access-list 101 permit tcp X.X.X.0 0.0.0.255
> any eq ftp access-list 101 remark permit ssh
> access-list 101 permit tcp X.X.X.0 0.0.0.255 any eq 22

Where have you applied this filter? Not enough information
to go on, but it could be your problem.

Cheers,

Mark.