[afnog] Zimbra Vs Othrer MTAs

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:11:09 UTC 2010

Technicaly, Zimbra is using the same MTA you are using : POSTFIX
It depend on why you want to change. If your are looking for ease of
administration (click to get it done), Zimbra is a good example and
also is robust depending on if you put or not the rigth robust
hardware too ;-)  Memory and processor !

It is scalable as it can easily be configured has cluster.

I use to call Zimbra Click to get it done, but it is different from
the Windows way, because you have plenty command line interface (CLI)
to access more fonctionnality than you can expect with proprietary
software ;-)

But, there are also many alternative/robust MTAs (Exim, etc) the
choice between them is another issue.

Just my 2 cents
-
mzongo

2010/11/30 Emmanuel Tessua <etessua at uccmail.co.tz>:
> Dear all,
> i'm trying to make decision here,of whether to use Zimbra as my mail
> server or not. I'm having Postfix MTA, but i was looking for something
> else, and zimbra came out.
> I'm planing to have more than 2000 mailboxes, i want to apply quotas and
> every feature of email/messaging system. is zimbra that robust??? if not
> what is the best MTA out there these days? Please advice.
>

> Emmanuel Tessua
> University Computing Centre
> 0713675737
> etessua at uccmail.co.tz
> etessua at yahoo.com

Mohamadi ZONGO

PGP KeyID: 831C36D3
PGP Fingerprint: 3D8E B757 EC34 36BD 6333 DF0B 7620 8EFC 831C 36D3