[afnog] Problem to configure network in VM running Ubuntu 9.10

said jafari jafarson_33 at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 12:58:00 UTC 2010

 Guys,
I have created some Virtue Machines in VMWare ESXi 4.0, Once created, I add
static network IP, gateway, netmask and dns from terminal. Then I
configure eth0 from System -> Preferences -> Network
connections.., Once this is done..then I can connect to Internet ..and
It work. BUT when this VM is restarted .. I does not connect any more
to the internet. And when I follow System -> Preferences ->
Network connections..on wired tab it change to ifupdown, all other
details remain as I set previously. How can I do to make it not change
from Eth0 to "ifupdown". VM installed Win OS does not have this
problem.

Plz help!