[afnog] Dealing with nbar unknown traffic

Bernard Wanyama bwanyama at syntechug.com
Wed May 26 09:54:23 UTC 2010

Dear Benjamin,

I'd advise that you use the security principle that says:

Deny all by default
Permit what you choose / understand

i.e. you rework your ACLs to be restrictive by default.
That way, you will have control of all your traffic.

When a user requests for access to an app not known to NBAR, you could
also add it to your monitoring using NBAR Custom PDLMs.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Bernard

--