[afnog] Router ethernet port hang

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue May 11 09:16:44 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 05:04:19 pm Murigi, Moses M wrote:

> - what do the logs say? Nothing

Can you go a 'show diag' when the card has failed?

Leave the interface in 'debug' mode if you can afford the
CPU cycles. You need much more information than you're
getting right now.

> We checked For bugs on the current IOS release

The Cisco Bug Toolkit isn't the brightest of the bunch. But
to rule it out, I'd suggest upgrading to the latest
maintenance release (that means, no letters in the IOS
revision).

Look at 12.4 mainline or 15.0M.

If you also can get another line card, that would help to
isolate hardware faults with the current one.

Mark.