[afnog] (no subject)

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Wed Mar 10 13:14:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 03:54:44AM -0800, Makan SIMAGA wrote:
>    The only solution I have now is to read the source code to try to
>    understand the process or to write my own LDAP authentication process
>    which is more easy but sometimes not recommended.

If you end up implementing this yourself, you could have a look at how
FreeRADIUS does it.  They use ntlm_auth and winbind (components of Samba)

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/ntlm_auth.1.html

Otherwise, you may have to mess with pam_krb5 and kinit - not for the
weak-hearted.  Good luck!