[afnog] SMTP Traffic Redirect

Christian Muhirwa chrismuhirwa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:40:48 UTC 2010

Thanks a lot Brian,
I went with option 3, setting up a gre tunnel between the smtp server and the router, and using route-map, changed the next hop ip address. All smtp traffic is being redirect however it is being dropped at the smtp server point. I imagine it's due to the fact that the destination IP address is different from the server's. I used iptables (iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i gretunnel0 -p tcp --dport 25 -j DNAT --to 127.0.0.1:25) but still it is being dropped.
Need your help...

Christian