[afnog] Central Logging on Debian

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Wed Jul 7 14:41:03 UTC 2010

Benjamin Cobblah (cbnayai) writes:

> I am creating a central logging server where all my logs from switches, routers
> and workstations would go on a debian os. Would any one have an idea which
> application(s) i can use to achieve this?

	Hi Benjamin,

	Use syslog-ng, and possibly Swatch and/or SEC (Simple Event Correlator) to
	monitor the logs.

	For some tips, check out the Syslog presentation and labs from the
	Network Management and Monitoring workshop that NSRC has held at
	various conferences, most recently in tutorial form at AFNOG in
	Kigali:

	http://www.apricot2010.net/program/workshops/network

	http://www.apricot2010.net/__data/assets/file/0017/21932/Network-Management-Workshop.zip

	Don't hesitate to write back if you have any questions.

	Cheers,
	Phil