[afnog] Desktop fails to work in FreeBSD 8.0

geraldine daloeng gerryspicy at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 12:45:10 UTC 2010

I installed gnome  and added gnome_enable=yes in the etc/rc.conf file to start the desktop but this does not work. I installed Kde and added kde_enable =yes in the etc/rc.conf file and it still does not work. (gdm is also enabled)

The startx command gives the following error
(==)Log file : "/var/log/Xorg.).log"
(EE)Failed to load module "i810"(module does not exist,0)
(EE)Failed to load module "fbdev" (module does not exist,0)

The /var/log/Xorg.).log says the drmDropMaster failed.

Could someone please help?

Thanks,
Geraldine.