[afnog] Zimbra with SAN

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:47:24 UTC 2010

to find it just type: find /opt/zimbra -name "main.cf"

Should be here : /opt/zimbra/posfix/conf/main.cf

In  case other zimbra process is monitoring this mail storage directory,
i think it is more safe to copy then symblink the mail storage directory to
the new one. And you wil not have to modify the config file.

--
mzongo

2010/12/13 Emmanuel Tessua <etessua at uccmail.co.tz>

> I'm using CentOS 5, yes the volume is mounted already. But i cant find
> anywhere in the main.conf file, where i can define the mailbox
> location/directory. can someone help?
> >
> > What OS are you using? is the storage already mounted?
> >
> > I would assume that it is just a simple change to stop zimbra, copy
> > existing mailboxes with permissions and ownership preserved to your new
> > mount point that is on the SAN, and then configure zimbra to point to the
> > new location. Zimbra uses postfix as its MTA, so any instructions for
> > postfix should work for Zimbra too. Which means a change in postfix's
> > main.cf file to point to the new location.
> >
> > Noah.
> > On Dec 13, 2010, at 8:50 AM, Emmanuel Tessua wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >> i recent asked about zimbra and other MTAs, i have decided to opt for
> >> zimbra. the challenge now is how i can configure zimbra mailboxes to be
> >> stored on the SAN. I have Dell powervoult MD3000i, i'm using iSCSI to
> >> connect this storage server to the mailserver.
> >> How can change default mailbox to this attached storage? Any help will
> >> be
> >> very much appreciated.
> >>

> >> Emmanuel Tessua
> >> University Computing Centre
> >> 0713675737
> >> etessua at uccmail.co.tz
> >> etessua at yahoo.com

> Emmanuel Tessua
> University Computing Centre
> 0713675737
> etessua at uccmail.co.tz
> etessua at yahoo.com

Mohamadi ZONGO

PGP KeyID: 831C36D3
PGP Fingerprint: 3D8E B757 EC34 36BD 6333 DF0B 7620 8EFC 831C 36D3