[afnog] Squid: Authenticating multiple domains

Oluwaseun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 02:09:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Evelyn Namara
<evelyn.namara at orange.co.ug>wrote:

>  Hello guys,
>

> I need help with how to configure squid to accept authenticating multiple
> domains when accessing the Internet.
>

> I have a setup with 2 windows domains right now, one that is active and the
> other that needs to be deployed.
>
> *Right now the scenario is that one domain is able to authenticate users
> to use the internet, via LDAP.*
>

> Hi Evelyn,
Sorry i am not suggesting any solution to your current challenge....instead
i want to achieve something similar to what you have currently...smile. Here
is my dream senerio; i want a situation where users on my network are
authenticated based on the level of access created for them on
LDAP(OpenLDAP), "for example someone in faculty of law after entering a
username and password, should only be able to access law intranet services
but every user can access the internet" i already have LDAP integrated with
our E-learning (moodle), but up till now i have not figured out how to
create and implement this different level of access on LDAP. Is this
possible on LDAP?
*Dream no-2*
Currently i use Mikrotik userman to authenticate users for internet
services, while interanet is open to all. But i want it to be such that
mikrotik connects to a radius server(Say freeradius) for authentication, and
freeradius in turn queries LDAP for user entries. I have read up and tried
some things but all kept breaking on me...
I would appreciate your/any body's suggestion.

NB
I run OpenLDAP on ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards