[afnog] Squid: Authenticating multiple domains

Evelyn Namara evelyn.namara at orange.co.ug
Wed Aug 11 08:34:30 UTC 2010

Hello guys,

I need help with how to configure squid to accept authenticating multiple domains when accessing the Internet.

I have a setup with 2 windows domains right now, one that is active and the other that needs to be deployed.
Right now the scenario is that one domain is able to authenticate users to use the internet, via LDAP.

I have a line like this one in my squid config; [ I protected some fields]

auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b "ou=mydomain  Users,dc=xxx ,dc=xx, dc=xx" -D xxxx\\xxx -w passwd -f sAMAccountName=%s -h 172.19.3.148 172.19.3.149

however, I can't have 2 lines in my squid file to cater for the other domain.

The only way the other domain is able to authenticate and use the internet right now is by creating the same username, and password like the ones on
The working domain, and that way they both can work.

What way can I use squid to authenticate against multiple windows domains without having to create a duplicate account on the other windows domain?

Thank you for the help.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB3947.566E46C0]

Evelyn Namara
Information Technology

Mobile         +256 79 079 0183
Direct line     +256 79 079 2183
Fax              +256 41 777 2001

Orange Uganda Limited,
Plot 28-30 Clement Hill Road,
P. O. Box 24144, Kampala, Uganda
evelyn.namara at orange.co.ug<mailto:name.surname at orange.co.ug>

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
Orange Uganda Limited shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.