[afnog] Detailed Netflow Analysis

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Aug 2 11:19:31 UTC 2010

On Monday, August 02, 2010 06:55:22 pm Benjamin Cobblah
wrote:

> I want to find out  what kind of traffic are going
> through my router via netflow. Would flowscan and
> flowtools suffice or is there a better one anybody would
> recommend?

These are free tools that are generally used in the wild.
Several other commercial tools also exist (some good, some
crap), but those are costly.

Start off with these, get familiar with what kind of data
you're looking for, how your routers handle Netflow, e.t.c.,
and take it from there.

Cheers,

Mark.