[afnog] Trusted Community Representatives

Joe Abley joe.abley at icann.org
Tue Apr 13 15:22:54 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-13, at 11:10, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:19:03AM -0700,
> Joe Abley <joe.abley at icann.org> wrote
> a message of 17 lines which said:
>
>> You can submit an expression of interest here: <http://www.root-dnssec.org/tcr/>
>
> "Note: ICANN does not presently intend to pay for travel to key
> ceremonies."
>
> That will certainly be a big issue for most african operators.

I would encourage anybody who has thoughts about this to communicate them directly to rootsign at icann.org as well as discussing them here. I am on the list, and I am listening and I will carry your thoughts back, but feedback will always be more effective if it is direct.

Mail to rootsign at icann.org is distributed amongst people involved in the root-signing project at ICANN, VeriSign and the US Department of Commerce.

Joe