[afnog] Security audit report templates

Gichuki John Chuksjonia chuksjonia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:22:05 UTC 2009

HI.

I can help with this, but later in day. But as u search, u can join
this list here, http://lists.my.co.ke/pipermail/security/, u might get
what you need from guys in the infosecurity industry.

./Chuks

On 9/10/09, mulisa fred <mulisafred at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am a newbie to IT security, and want to go deep in this area- recently got
> somewhere to volunteer as an IT security engineer, and was asked to do a
> security audit report with the following:
>
> 1. scale down version of security
> response system to their network
>
> 2. logging of incidents
>
> 3. recommend configuration of
>  -Equipment (hardware)
>  -Software
>  -Policies and procedures
>
> 4. assess open source software tools that can be used-
>
> 6. Understand potential loopholes
> in their network and recommend patches.
>
> For sure i need your help, don't know even where to start.
>

> Anything security audit report u did somewhere just give a template; any
> useful tool can also be appreciated!
>
> Many thanks.

Gichuki John Ndirangu, C.E.H , C.P.T.P, O.S.C.P
I.T Security Analyst and Penetration Tester
infosigmer at inbox.com

{FORUM}http://lists.my.co.ke/pipermail/security/
http://nspkenya.blogspot.com/
http://chuksjonia.blogspot.com/