[afnog] SPAMMER

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Oct 23 14:29:38 UTC 2009

Hi Antonio,

This message is also copied to the listed contacts for the IP address
block and the domain.

At 06:35 23-10-2009, Antonio Godinho wrote:
>There is an IP address (41.220.75.3) always trying to attack my mail server
>to send SPAM. Anyone knows this IP? It has a reverse lookup of mtnngprs.com.
>with no A record!

The IP address is within a block assigned to MTN Nigeria.  Contact
MTN Nigeria and see whether they can take action at their end.  The
administrative contact for mtnngprs.com is Prince Msimang.  MTN
Network Solutions (South Africa) may be able to help.

If you do not want to go through all that, you can null route the IP
address or block inbound SMTP connections at the firewall or mail server level.

Regards,
-sm